PAGES

Sunday 20 January 2013

WHATS IN MY MAKE-UP BAG

TED BAKER- TWINKLE Glitter Bow small wash bag £25

I work full time in a jewellery shop and because of this carrying a make-up bag around with me is essential, so I can touch up after working all day under spotlights! I love this cosmetic bag, my boyfriends parents brought it for me and I already have a strong love for everything Ted Baker so this was a great addition to my always-growing collection of purses and bags. The glittery bow is very glamorous which I love and it's the perfect size to fit everything I need in.

My everyday essentials

Foundation and concealers

 BENEFIT Erase Paste (No 2 Medium) £19.50 & COLLECTION 2000 Lasting Perfection (No 2 Light) £4.19

 DIOR- Forever (023) £31

Concealer and Foundation is a must in my every day make-up bag. Concealer, mainly for emergencies because a little blemish could just pop up or my eyes could all of sudden look tired, so these concealers are my absolute favourites for these situations.

BENEFIT Erase Paste - "Brightening camouflage for eyes and face" This is my favourite product for targeting dark circles that can just appear near the end of a long day at work. This creamy concealer has brightening melon undertones to suit every complexion. It's so easy to apply and to blend under the eyes. I apply this with either a fluffy concealer brush or sometimes if I'm in a rush I just dab it with my fingers around my eyes.

COLLECTION 2000 Lasting Perfection - This product is an absolute bargain, I'd seen it mentioned on other blogs and for the price I thought I'd give it a try and I'm SO glad that I did as it's amazing for covering those pesky little blemishes. It says on the packaging that it's transfer resistant and lasts up to 16 hours. I can't say I've ever really worn this for 16 hours but it lasts me all day at work and then into the evening which is so impressive! I've brought some really expensive long wearing concealers in the past for example the Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer which doesn't even compare at all and just left my skin looking cakey.

DIOR Forever - "Forever Fluid Foundation" This is a flawless, perfecting foundation with a medium build-able coverage, it's long lasting which is great for me. This liquid foundation is infused with made-to-measure perfecting skin care ingredients that just melt into the skin and blends perfectly with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. It also has a satin finish which looks lovely built up with a highlighter to create a glowing complexion. I really rate this foundation as I have tried A LOT of others and still find this suits my skin type the best. It keeps control of my oily t-zone without making the rest of my face look powdery or dry which a lot of long wear foundations can do.

Bronzer, Highlighter AND Blusher


 NARS- Bronzer (Laguna) £25, MAC- Blush (Fleur Power) £17.50 & MAC- Mineralize Skinfinish (Soft and Gentle) £21.50

These items aren't as important as my concealer but I still find that sometimes I need to re-highlight my face or add a bit more colour to my cheekbones as the colour can loose its intensity after being at work. So I take out my favourite products that go well with any make-up look that I have chosen.

HIGHLIGHTER- Mineralize Skinfinish from Mac is one of my favourite highlighters. It's a velvet powder that delivers a high-frost metallic finish to highlight cheeks or brow bones. I apply this using my MAC 129 brush.
BLUSH- Powder Blush with a Satin finish... This blush is very pigmented and so I only need a very small amount blended into the apples of my cheeks. It leaves a feminine pink flush of colour that sits really well next to my NARS bronzer.

Eyeshadow and Eyebrow pencil

 DIOR- 5 Shade Palette (Amber Design) £41

 RIMMEL- Professional Eyebrow Pencil (002 Hazel) £2.99

EYESHADOW - I use a very wide range of eyeshadows however this is my most compact palette and so this is usually the one I am drawn to for taking out with me for touch ups. This palette has a combination of five different textured shadows to create a wide variation of looks through layering and blending. My favourite colour is the top left iridescent eyeshadow I love how this looks blended with a variation of eyeshadows. It has a pearlised finish which appears glittery and adds a beautiful finish to any look. I love using this colour alone with a flick of black eyeliner for an everyday glamorous look.

EYEBROW PENCIL - I picked this up on a whim as the usual pencil I used was sold out and I'm so glad I did, it's such a bargain and it's great for filling in my brows and adding shape. The brow groomer at the end is also handy for touch ups during the day.

LIP PRODUCTS

CLINIQUE- Chubby Stick Intense (06 Roomiest Rose) £16, BURTS BEES- Mango lip balm £2.95 & VASELINE- Pink Bubbly £2.49

I do carry quite a few lip products around with me this time of year as I like to make sure I never have dry lips. So keeping myself stocked up with lip conditioning products is a must. I have only recently purchased my Clinique Chubby Stick but I really do love it, its easy to apply, highly pigmented and also it's infused with a moisturizing balm that leaves my lips coated with a soft glossy finish. What more could I need out of a product?
The other two are just a couple of my large collection of lip balms (I think I have a problem with having to buy a new one every time I go into Boots!) The Burt's Bees is extremely conditioning and has a lovely scent and then the Vaseline leaves a glossy finish with a subtle tint of pale pink.

Retractable Powder bruSh

GUERLAIN- Terracotta Retractable Bronzing Kabuki Brush £25

 I usually use Real Technique and Mac brushes to apply my bronzer and blusher products when I'm at home. However when I am out and about I always take this with me as its retractable so fits nicely into my make-up bag and also the bristles don't get damaged as they are protected with the little lid. This is a very high quality brush which is extremely soft and fluffy. The bristles are built up of goat hair which helps to pick up the perfect amount of product and ensures that it's distributed evenly.

So there it is. My everyday make-up bag, some of the pieces I swap and change to suit my look like the lipstick but the rest stays pretty much the same as they are all trusty products I can rely on to freshen up my look, whether its just during my lunch break or if I'm going out somewhere straight from work I know I'll have the products I need! 

Let me know what's in your make-up bag @Liv_SmithX!


post signature

4 comments:

  1. what lovely make up, lucky lady!
    i'd love to follow, please add a google friend connect?
    settings, ,layout, add a gadget :)
    pop over and say hi, it'd be so nice to speak some more and i'll be able to find your blog again too.
    hope to hear from you soon,
    laura xx
    http://ilikecrayonsxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you :) i have followed you on google friend connect, however for some reason i cannot work out how to add a google friend connect gadget to my page, (im still very new to all of this haha)

      Olivia xx

      Delete
  2. that makeup bag is gorgeous, and I'm so tempted by MAC fleur power! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely colour, it looks so pretty and you only need a really small amount :) xx

      Delete

All comments mean a lot to me and I promise to take the time to reply to everyone ♥